Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Looking Out From God Instead of at God

I am currently reading a book called "Immortal Diamond" by Richard Rohr. The book is deepening my faith and making me look at some things differently. Both are good. He says many eye opening thoughts that have left me gobsmacked. Be prepared for future posts on this book. :)

One of things he said was, "We must return to practice based spirituality where the vantage point switches from looking at God to looking out from God." I figuratively smacked my forehead! How simple and yet how profound. How would the world change if we practiced this? If we started looking at people, places, events, all things "from God's vantage point?" I'm thinking the world would change in ways we can't even imagine.

He also says, "Spirituality tends to be more about unlearning than learning." I believe this with all my heart. I've had it happen over and over. We learn, we grow, we learn some more that enhances or changes our previous way of thinking.  Every time I read the Bible I learn something new, something I didn't understand the first time through or didn't apply yet.

God continues to lead me in new directions to help me grow closer to Him. It's an exciting journey. I'll follow Him anywhere He leads.

Psalm 118:1
Give thanks to the Lord,
for He is good;
His love endures forever.

Gratitude List (prompts from aholyexperience.com)
3 Gifts Moving
1. My car
2. My journey
3. The clouds

Phil 1:4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy.

Blessings, Deborah

2 comments:

  1. I will be sharing this book with my Christian Book Discussion Group. It never ceases to amaze me the ways God leads us without us even realizing it is Him. But always and forever grateful that He is always there. So Happy to have another Christian Blog to go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara. It means the world to me that you are here. Love you!! Blessings

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...