Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Proverbs 31 - Lesson 12

Hello! I'm so glad you stopped by today.

Proverbs 31:21
She is not afraid of snow for her household,
for all her household are clothed in scarlet.

I read that the color scarlet was believed to be a warmer color for winter.

For lesson 12 and 13 we will focus on Martha and Mary.
The first story about them is found in Luke 10:38-42. In this lesson we learn that Martha has invited Jesus to their home and begins to prepare a meal, while Mary sits by Jesus and listens to him teach. This angers Martha that Mary is not helping her and she asks Jesus why He is allowing Mary to just sit while she does all the work? Jesus says to her, "Martha, Martha you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her." (Luke 10:40-42)

I will admit I'm a Martha. The difference between me and the original Martha is I am shy and would have loved the fact that Mary was occupying the guests, keeping them out of my kitchen. lol. It is not that I wouldn't love to hear Jesus speak, but I would have to feed Him and clean the kitchen first. Of course, now I know who Jesus really is, so I may react a bit differently. *smiles*

Another story about the sisters is found in John 11 and is about Jesus raising their brother, Lazarus from dead. Lazarus had been dead for four days before Jesus got there. Jesus loved Lazarus very much and wept when he learned he had died. The sisters were so distraught and it was Martha's belief that Jesus was the Messiah and that God would give Him whatever he asked. Mary also believed in Him and He was moved in spirit by her grieving and rose Lazarus from the dead. This was done for God's glory and so that the Son may be glorified through it.


Gratitude
1. Lessons about believers
2. Biblical role models
3. Less smoke in our area today

Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...