Friday, February 3, 2017

Rev. 1:10-11 & Verse Mapping

John was in the Spirit!!
Are you?
I'm feeling I'm being led by the Spirit to continue this study of Revelation and learn all I can.
My favorite has become cross referencing. I love seeing the New Testament mirrored in the Old Testament. Brings it all together and makes it feel even more real to me.

As it says in Exodus 17:14 and Revelation 1:11, "Write this on a scroll..;" I feel that writing down the scripture helps me to remember and understand it better. Remember back in grade school that Monday night's homework was to write our spelling words five times each?
Writing helps the brain recall what you read.

Rev. 1:10-11 (NIV)
On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

I can't wait to see what Jesus tells John to write to these seven churches!



I was feeling the need for a little more art in my Verse Mapping. The scroll is a Goggle image and I traced the dove from another Google image. I love the new feather washi tape I found. It was perfect for this page, don't you think?
(Click on the photo for a bigger image.)

Gratitude
1. Being in "the Spirit"
2. Art work
3. OT and NT

Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.

May I pray for you?
Leave me a comment and I will add you to my prayer list.

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...