Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Proverbs 31 - Lesson 20

Welcome and Happy Tuesday!

Proverbs 31:29 (NIV)
Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.

Woman of the Bible = Rebekah

Rebekah's story in an interesting one to me. First of all, any woman who will leave the home she has always know and travel to places far away is very brave. It takes her 20 years to conceive her twins, Jacob and Esau. She then favors Jacob and plots with him to deceive his father, Isaac, and cheat his brother Esau out of his birth right and blessings. The plot works, Esau gets very angry and says when their father dies he will kill Jacob. Jacob leaves for his mother's homeland to escape Esau and his plans.

Robin, the teacher for this class, believes that God gives us examples of imperfect characters so we see how God can use us in our imperfectness. I tend to agree. What do you think?


I used Robin's beautiful graphics to create this two page spread, adding some washi tape and a little verse mapping. 

Here is the link to the Proverbs 31/Women of the Bible class by Robin Sampson.
https://biblejournallove.teachable.com/p/proverbs-31-bible-journal-class

Gratitude
1. Imperfect Bible characters
2. Hope in God
3.Family coming for Thanksgiving!!

Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.

May I pray for you? Please leave a comment and I will add you to my prayer list.

Blessings,
Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...