Saturday, January 18, 2020

One Step at a Time

Good morning!

I made it through yesterday and today looks a little brighter.

I began 2020 with some old left-over goals and made some new ones. I like the new idea of making goals for one month at a time instead of for the whole year. Very few of us achieve the goals we make for the whole year and this just seems a better way. I don't like feeling like a failure. None of us need those extra burdens. Life throws enough of them at us; we don't need to pile more on ourselves.

One old goal I carried through to 2020 is to take off the rest of the weight I wanted to lose last year. I managed to take off 25lbs., put 10lbs. back on and now, since the 1st, I've taken 5 of those back off. Yay, me! I want to lose a total of 20lbs. this year. When I reach that goal I will see if I need to lose more. I'm sticking with Weight Watchers, as that diet works for me. I am riding my exercise bicycle 3x a day for 30 minutes each time. I love to read a good novel while I'm pedaling and that seems to make the time fly. I got discouraged yesterday, thinking I was working so hard and the weight wasn't coming off as fast I'd like it to. That was part of the funk yesterday, too. Then this morning as I was reading Psalm 18 and then my devotional, "Jesus Calling," both gave me the same message. It says in

 Psalm 18:33 He makes my feet like hinds' feet, And sets me upon my high places.

Then in "Jesus Calling," today I read in

Habkkuk 3:19 The Lord is my strength, And He has made my feet like hinds' feet, And makes me walk on my high places. 

Don't you love those serendipitous moments when you get gobsmacked with an answer?!! In "Jesus Calling," I also read we have to walk the path with Him and not try to run to the high places alone. I'm not going to wake up tomorrow 20lbs lighter. I have to take each step each day to get there. I have to do the work, slog through the deep water, climb step by step up my mountain of weight loss with Him cheering me on! And He is.



I can do this!
I'm also doing a 45 day sugar fast. I'm sailing through this one. I've got this!

Blessing, Deborah

Psalm 18:36
You enlarge my steps under me,
And my feet have not slipped.

2 comments:

  1. I learned something about sugar yesterday. I'll have to tell you about it! One day at a time is the way God gives us this experience of life. Might as well take advantage of the system! Ha! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...