Monday, January 1, 2018

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 2

Happy New Year and welcome!

We begin our Weight Loss Bible Study today, but before we begin I would like to share some things with you.
I'm not comfortable in my own body. I haven't been for quite some time. It's time to stop the madness.
I stand at 5'2" and I am carrying about 40 extra pounds. I don't like what I see when I sit and look down. My muffin top has grown into a full on bundt cake! As I said in my last post, I am diabetic and that's not good.
Also, whenever I have dieted in the past, sometimes there are set backs. Not always, but sometimes. Maybe the scale doesn't move or it goes up a little or maybe I don't feel well. Let's make a deal that we are going to love ourselves through these set backs and not give up! We will keep our eyes focused on the goal and remember God loves us and is rooting for us, too.  Okay? Okay!
Let's get to it!

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 2
Careless Eating

How many times have you put something in your mouth and thought, "OMG! This is not on my diet.!"
Yeah, me too.
It's called Careless Eating.
I'm going to remember "My Renewing of the Mind" goal when I get up each morning and before I eat anything.
My goal is to think before I eat anything and meal plan.
It will become my mantra.
I will say it over and over.

Go to Barb's blog and answer the "Careless Eating" questions. I'll wait. Go!
https://barbraveling.com/2012/06/26/1565/

What are the *myths about food?
1. Can we eat anything we want whenever we want? NO!
2. Does taking one bite  "out of our boundaries" hurt us? YES!

Quote from Barb's book "Taste for Truth." Day 2
"..in the back of our minds we're holding out the hope that this Bible study will be the answer to all our problems and we won't have to cut down on our eating. If only that were true."
Question #10 at the end of the chapter:
Do you think God wants you to have boundaries in the area of food? Why or why not?
My answer: I think God does. He gives us boundaries for other areas of our lives so why not food. He wants us to be healthy spiritually as well as physically and overeating does not keep us physically fit.
 Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

WE can do this, with God's help and if we help each.
Comment below with any questions or suggestions on what you would like to see here that would help you meet your goals.

Verse Mapping

The scripture verse today is:
1Timothy 4:7 (KJV)
But refuse profane and old wives' fables,
and exercise thyself rather with godliness.

(NIV)
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales;
rather, train yourself to be godly.

myth* - legend - tale - story - fable
train - discipline - control - direction - order
godly - devout - pious - holy- prayerful - spiritual

Commentary by MacLaren's Expositions
"Exercise thyself unto godliness"
Make a business of living your Christianity. Be earnest about it by keeping the crown and the prize often in clear view.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our prize = a thinner us
It also reminds me of the saying that our bodies are God's temples. Do we really want to be putting unhealthy food into them on a regular basis? I also think of God trying to swim through all my fat. Not a pretty picture. *smiles*


My verse mapping in my Faith Journal. 
Okay. I'm off to go do a little exercise and weigh in.

Gratitude
1. A God who loves me
2. God's word to help me
3. Diet help

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NIV)
"For I know the plans
I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you
and not harm you,
plans to give you hope
and a future...
You will seek me
and find me
when you seek me
with all your heart."

Blessings, 
Deborah






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...