Saturday, January 6, 2018

Weight Loss Bible Study - Day 7

Welcome to Day 7 - Failure Eating

Food Fact - I like to eat mini bagels for breakfast. Did you know that butter is 11g of fat for ONE Tbsp. and Chive and Onion Cream Cheese is 7g of fat for TWO Tbsps? Let's hear it for cream cheese!!

I've lost weight this week (5lbs), but put back on two as of this morning. I will NOT be discouraged! This happens. Yesterday, I had to leave early to go out of town, so I did not do my exercise routine. Then I sat more that I usually do traveling and I broke my boundaries and had a soda when I had a low blood sugar moment in a store. Bad planning. Has this happened to you? Let's take a deep breath together...and get back on track. We are Princess Warriors and Daughters of the King! We can do this!!

Failure Eating

In "Taste of Truth," Barb talks about more is better. When you are talking about food that is a lie. "When we try to fill ourselves up with things that never fill us up, (food, for example), we're never  satisfied. We are far better off if we fill ourselves up with God," she tell us.

(Me) So when is more better? Exercising, drinking more water, reading more scripture to help us get where we want to be!

Scripture to help us along the way:
Proverbs 23:20-21
Matthew 6:33
1Corinthians 10:31
Colossians 3:2
1John 2:15-17

On Barb's blog, she talks about self-condemnation.
Do you do this if you mess up and go out of your boundaries? I have.
Please go read her blog for Day 7:
https://barbraveling.com/2012/07/03/weight-loss-bible-study-day-7-failure-eating/

I love the part where she realized God could help her change in the area of eating!
Did you look at the Truth Lie charts and Truth Journaling? I bookmarked those for later reading today. Looks very interesting.
I also suggest checking out her other blog "I Deserve a Donut." Good info there, too.
Under the Failure Questions let's look at #2.
2. Since you can't go back and change what you ate today, what do you think God wants you to do now? (multiple answers - I chose #3)
  3. Remember that you are in spiritual battle. Continue to fight the battle with spiritual weapons; know that you'll fail at times. Be extra diligent with your weapons in the next 24 hours so you don't break your boundaries again.

Verse Mapping
Today I chose Matthew 6:33

NIV
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

KJV
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

seek - attempt - strive - request - look for

kingdom - area - domain - realm

righteousness - virtuous - noble - ethical

Commentaries

Elliot's Commentary
"Seek" is referring to prayer in this context.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
There is scarcely any sin against which our Lord Jesus warns his disciples, than disquieting, distracting, distrustful cares about the things of this life.

Nelson's Bible Commentary
This means to desire God's righteous rule on this earth.


I added pictures of the tools we are using to help us study: exercise, scales, Bible study and Barb's book, "Truth of Taste."

Gratitude
1. Tools to help with our goals
2. A sunny winter day
3. Fruit of the Spirit

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you 
and not harm you,
plans to give you hope
and a future...
You will seek Me
and find Me
when you seek Me
with all your heart."

Blessings,
Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...