Thursday, January 30, 2020

Another One of Those Moments

Welcome!

I know I've talked about those serendipity moments before, but I just seem to keep having them and I feel so blessed. They make me smile and feel like God is close.

This morning I thought that today was the day to take that first step...again. Like they say, "Everyday is a new day to begin again." I wasn't liking my diet routine. This may sound funny, but it was making food feel like it was too much up in my face. It was all I thought about when it was the last thing I wanted to think about. I don't want to think about food that much. I don't want track it. I don't want to weigh it. I just want to eat healthy, lose the weight I need to lose and be done with it. I know how to lose weight. I want to do my plan, not someone else's.

So, I'm on a new journey. It's almost a new month. This one's goals are over. Time to start new ones. I love this month by month goals instead those new year's resolutions, like I talked about the first of the year. This is so much better!

February's goals:
1. Continue to lose weight
2. Continue to exercise
3. Continue to study
4. Send a card to friend

My serendipity moment this morning was getting a quote in an email by Henry Ford.

     Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."

Although I really don't feel like a failure, since I lost 5 pounds, it was more about the starting again part that made me smile. And doing it more intelligently. :)



I loved this spot by a lake we camped near a couple of years ago. Such a great place to sit and commune with God.

Gratitude:
1. Lakes to camp near
2. New beginnings
3. Sun on a crisp winter morning

Blessings,
Deborah

Ephesians 3:16
I pray out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. If it don't feel right, move on. I hear you about obsessing about food. It's a drag. But the trick is to stay conscious about what's going in! No more pretending for me!!! You got this. Even if 'this' gets adjusted 100 times before you find yourself standing where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support!
      It feels good and feels right.

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...