Friday, February 28, 2020

Day 3 of Lent 2020

Good morning from the bower on Church St.

Day 3 of Rethink Church's Lenten Photo/Poetry Challenge.

The word for today is command.  I immediately thought of the two great commandments Jesus gave us in Matthew to love the Lord your God with all you heart, mind, strength and soul and the second to love each other. This photo of my grandsons summed up "love one another" perfectly for me.


I'm also keeping track of this challenge in my little Lenten book I'm making with the cards I talked about on Day 1.



I'm really enjoying this journey as I write out the scripture for each day and add things that are meaningful to me, like the lyrics to the song, "The Summons" I shared yesterday.






You can click on each photo for a closer view.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I havent been gardening in a couple of years and I'm really feeling the dirt calling to me this year. I'd like to have a vegetable/flower garden. I want to grow things again. The force is strong in me to be one with the earth. I've always felt close to God when I work in the garden. Life began in a garden way back when. There really is nothing like eating something you grew with your own two hands. Vine ripe tomatoes. I can almost taste their sweetness. Now, if I can just talk hubby into helping me....

Gratitude:
1. Dirt
2. Flowers
3. Fruit and veggies

Blessings,
Deborah

Genesis 1:29
Then God said, "I give you every seed- bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...