Wednesday, September 7, 2016

When God Says Wait

I'm usually a fairly patient person. I was never one of those children who would sneak into their parents closets looking for my Christmas or birthday presents. I wanted the surprise on that day. I have patience.

But during these past eight months of waiting for God to "fix" my marriage had my patience at its wits end. I know this is first time I've talked about this, but now that it is over I would like to share what happened.

My husband was in a job that did not fit and we went through the valley of death during that time. It was almost the death of my marriage. Twice. Twice I thought about leaving. I did not want my marriage to end, but I didn't know what to do anymore.
I prayed. Silence. I cried out to the Lord. Silence. My shakedown of faith was partly due to this situation. Silence. I told the Lord that His scripture says, "Ask and you shall receive." Well, I was asking, but I wasn't receiving. I kept feeling I should wait. Wait to talk to my husband about how he was destroying our marriage through his actions. Wait to tell him how he was making me feel.
Wait. Wait. Wait.

My husband quit that job and started a new one. He is one happy camper and I was feeling better, but something still had to be talked about. Yesterday I got the feeling that it was time. No more waiting, so I talked. God gave me the right words and opened my husband's heart to really hear me. It was a leap of faith on my part and one worth taking. We are good. My marriage is good and we will continue our journey together.

God is good and waiting on His timing is the thing to do.
If I would have talked sooner, my husband would not have heard me. I know this now.
Lesson learned.


Thank you, Lord for all you do in my life. Amen.

Psalm 27:13-14
I will remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.
Amen.

Gratitude
1. A God who listens
2. His perfect timing
3. His mercy

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...