Thursday, December 15, 2016

Advent - Joy - Faith Journal Update

This week of Advent the topic is Joy.

1Peter 1:8-9
Though you have not seen Him,
you love Him;
and even though you do not see Him now,
you believe in Him
and are filled with an inexpressible
and glorious joy;
for you are receiving the end result
of your faith,
the salvation of your souls.

I think this passage is so beautiful.

How is your Advent journey going?
Are you doing a study?
I'd love to know in the comments below.


I'm enjoying documenting Advent in my Faith Journal. Do you think I overdid the pink this week? I really had fun with it and love spending time with the Lord this way.

The color of the candle we light for this week is pink. In the church, the color pink represents joy. This week's candle is also known as the shepherd's candle. The shepherd's surly knew joy when they found the babe as the angel said they would.

My favorite Christmas songs for this year are:

"Mary Did You Know?"
(My favorite verse is "When you kiss your little baby, you kiss the face of the God.")

"O Holy Night"
(My favorite verse is "Long lay the world in sin and error pining; 'til He appeared and the soul felt its worth.")

Do you have a favorite Christmas song?
I'd love to know that, too in the comments below.

Gratitude
1. Joy in the Lord
2. Believing without seeing
3. The Gospels

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...