Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Why I Have a Faith Journal

Challenge from Pro-Blogger to write an Opinion post.
Challenge - Day 25

Start with God
Stay with God
End with God

Before I begin explaining my title, I want to share Ed Cyzewski's post today from The Creative Writer, because I feel it is so important for us know and remember. (Ah, another opinion.)

Ed writes about Luke 12:7 "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

He also writes, "When God sees you, He sees a beloved creation that is known from head to toe. You are worthy of love and restoration simply because He is intimately invested in who you are as your creator."

God is "intimately invested in who you are." Isn't that a wonderful thought along with "the very hairs of your head are all numbered?" Another great one to "Put it in Your Pocket" to remember.

God loves us.
There is no doubt of that fact.

Read Ed's entire short and sweet post here:

https://thecontemplativewriter.com/2016/10/25/scripture-meditation-known-and-loved/

Why I have a Faith Journal

1. It helps me to stay focused on God
2. It is a form of worship
3. It allows me to be creative

1. It Helps Me to Stay Focused on God
I am constantly looking in magazines and the internet for things to put in my journal. Sometimes I see a picture or word that inspires me to research a topic in my Bible for my journal.
Bible = Thinking about God
Thinking of my journal and what to write or create there keeps me focused on God.

2. It is a Form of Worship
I believe it is a form of worship. I work in my journal to glorify Him. I am making it in hope of inspiring you, my dear readers, and future generations of my family who may read it, to worship and journal about God, too.

3. It Allows Me to be Creative
 I love to create. I NEED to create. It is who I am. I used to quilt and now I have a Faith Journal. I used to take big pieces of fabric, cut it up and sew it back together. Now I cut up magazines to make a Faith Journal.
Being creative fills a place in me nothing else can. God is THE  creator and I like to think He takes delight when we are inspired by Him and His creation to create something ourselves.
I add art to my journal so I don't have to write so much. Sometimes, writing intimidates me. Funny thing for a blogger to say, but in certain cases it does. Adding art fills up space and adds a certain flair. It allows your imagination to present itself in another way to glorify God.

Having a Faith Journal is something worth giving a try. As I said above, it keeps you focused on God, is another form of worship and allows you to a be a creator yourself. How cool it that?

Gratitude
1. My hairs are numbered by God
2. Being creative
3. Maverick, my cat

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah

Last week's pages in my Faith Journal.



6 comments:

  1. I'm a creative person too. The more I spend time with God the more I appreciate crafting. I always am drawn to a thought of how God created so many wonderful things yet we his creation devalue our ability to be creative. SMH

    Another wonderful post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dana. We are one of His most confusing and confused of all His creation. lol Blessings. <3

      Delete
  2. Creating something beautiful IS imitating HaShem! "As He is, so shall you be!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is teaching me that I don't always have to have it perfect when I am creating something. It is more about glorifying Him through the gifts that He has given us and sharing it with Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good lesson to learn, Sara. HE is the only perfect thing.
      Blessings. <3

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...