Thursday, October 6, 2016

Challenge Day 6 - Ephesians 4:23

Start with God
Stay with God
End with God

Ephesians 4:23 NIV
"...to be made new in the attitude of your minds,"
KJV "And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;"
NKJV same as KJV
CJB "and you must let your spirits and minds keep being renewed,"
GNV "And be renewed in the spirit of your mind,"

John Gill's Exposition of the Bible
"Or by the Spirit that is in your mind; that is, by the Holy Spirit; who is in the saints and is the author of renovation in them; and who is the reviver ad carrier on and finisher of that work and therefore that is called the renewing of the Holy Spirit."

Wow. Okay. Amen.

You can read the full commentary at this link:
http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/ephesians-4-23.html

You can find many commentaries on this passage, or any passage, by simply typing in "commentary on Ephesians 4:23 in your search browser.

If we take this verse and add it to what we have learned in Phil 4:8-9 and Colossians 3:15, we see we are being encouraged to keep practicing, so it eventually becomes a daily habit to keep God's word in our minds and heart.

Now let's put Ephesians 4:23 with 22 & 24 to get the whole picture.

22. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;
23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds;
24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

I am really enjoying looking up and studying these comparisons and commentaries. This is a new way for me to study. Even after this challenge ends I will continue with this mode of study. I am feeling enlightened in a new way. Thank you, Dana.

My prayer

Dearest Lord,
Thank you for my many blessings and help me practice your word daily until it becomes a natural habit my heart and mind follow. Renew in me a new spirit daily to live in unity with You and everyone. Amen.

Gratitude
1. Renewal
2. Study
3. A new day

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah

Picture found on Pinterest posted by Ali Clement.



1 comment:

  1. You're welcome. What you are experiencing is the living word of God. And when you apply it to your journaling is will seal the deal! :) Take care my sister.

    ReplyDelete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...