Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Colossians 3:15

Start with God
Stay with God
End with God

Colossians 3:15
"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts,
since as members of one body you were called to peace.
And be thankful.

I compared translations in:
NIV
NKJV
KJV
CJB
GNV

Elliot's Commentary for English Readers
The "peace of Christ," is a sense of unity in Him, with our fellow-men and with God. We are "called to it in one body," which He is the Head.

Jamieson - Fausset - Brown Bible Commentary
"The peace of Christ:" Peace was the legacy to His disciples before He left them. "My peace I give unto you." John 14:27

Adam Clarke Commentary
"Rule in your hearts:" No heart is right with God where the peace of Christ does not rule.
When peace rules, all is safe.
"Of one body:" you cannot have peace with God unless you continue in unity.

I think this verse is pretty clear in its meaning.
Christ/God must rule in our hearts if we are to have peace within and with each other.

My prayer
Dear Lord,
Please let your peace rule in my heart today. Let me think before I speak and keep your word in my heart and mind always. Bless all who visit here with your peace. Amen.

Gratitude
1. The peace of all understanding
2. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit's  peace
3. Grace

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah



2 comments:

  1. Amen! You should check out the AMP version too. I am really learning to like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...