Start with God
Stay with God
End with God
Dana gives us valuable tools in her recap of this week.
1. "Christians must commit to replacing old thinking with righteous thinking."
2. "Christians are to make every effort to exercise complete control over one's desires, actions, impulses and emotions."
3. "Christian thinking requires observing, evaluating and concluding whether our thoughts are God honoring. And if they are not confess and adjust."
4. "The thoughts of mature Christians are guided by the Holy Spirit."
And to go with this, she gives us tools to carry in our pockets/hearts.
Put it in Your Pocket:
1. Put off. Put on. Ephesians 4:22-24
2. I am empowered to control my thoughts. 2Peter 1:5-6
3. I am forgiven. Matt 7:1-5
4. I have the mind of Christ. 1Corinthians 2:15-16
See her entire post here:
Thank you, Dana for another lesson and tools to live by.
Journal update for the week.
(Remember you can click on the pictures for a bigger view.)
I mentioned earlier this week that I was doing a scripture research on bees. I had a lot fun journaling about them. There are a total of four. I wrote one in the leaf and the other three on the tags. As I also mentioned earlier, I love the scripture about God whistling for the bees. I wonder if it will be a loud whistle or a tune. I also found a cute angel by Debbie Mumm whose skirt is shaped like a beehive, there are jars of honey at her feet and bees flying around. I used it as a tip-in and when you flip it open you can see my gratitude list. I included other scripture from this week's study and listed the tools above from Dana. This has become such a joy for me to journal this way. Does anyone else journal like this? Leave me a comment and let me know.
1. Tools to help us live a righteous life
2. Wet rainy fall days
3. My sons and daughters
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.