Sunday, October 23, 2016

I Dreamt of Jesus

Challenge - Day 23

Start with God
Stay with God
End with God

I've been battling insomnia. Thursday night I went to bed at 9p.m., woke up at 12:30a.m. then went back to sleep at 5:30a.m. when my husband got up. I fell back asleep and woke at 6:30a.m. when the alarm went off. In that last hour of sleep, I dreamt of Jesus. I've never had a dream about Jesus. In the dream He came up to me and I asked, "Lord, is it really You?" He smiled and answered, "Yes, Deborah, it is Me." Then He stepped closer and gave me hug. I can only say that I never wanted that hug to end. I wanted it to go on forever. We talked a little then the alarm went off. Wow. It was an incredible feeling. One I won't soon forget.

In Sarah Young's book, "Jesus Calling," I read this morning about Him being in us and we being in Him. His love is powerful. It guides us. Just like we have been have talking about through this challenge of following His word and thinking like and about God. Letting Him lead us in any decisions we have to make. I would like to share the readings Sarah suggests for today.

Jesus had been praying for His disciples and then starts to pray for all believers
John 17:20-21
"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as You are in Me and I am in You. May they also be in Us so that the world may believe that You have sent Me."

Psalm 16:11
You make known to me the path of life;
You will fill me with joy in Your presence,
with eternal pleasures at Your right hand.

Jesus still prays for us.
Know that and keep it in your heart.

Dana's recap of this weeks principals reminds us that "Christian thinking requires understanding everything about our lives flows from Him. Also, "Christians should not depend on our own understanding, but rely on the certainty of God."

The lessons to "Put it in Your Pocket" are:
1. "As God's child, my life is always better when I reflect on Him."
2. " Reliance on God is a choice I am exercising with my thoughts."

You can read her entire post here:

http://www.danapittman.com/christian-thinking-week-3-review/

Gratitude
1. Dreams of Jesus
2. His being in me
3. My life

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...