Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Proverbs 31 Challenge - Lesson 15

Welcome and Blessings!

Proverbs 31:24
She makes linen garments and sells them;
she delivers sashes to the merchants.

The Widow of Zarephath found in 1Kings 17:7-24 is our story for today. Zarephath was a small Phoenician town, now Surafend, about a mile from the coast. God told Elijah to go there during the great drought and He directed a widow to supply him with food. When he came to the gate, he saw the widow and asked her for water and a piece of bread. She was very poor and told him she barely had enough oil and flour for her son and herself. Elijah told her to not be afraid that the Lord told him if she does this the flour and oil would not run out until God sent the rain. She did what Elijah told her to do and she fed him, her son and herself everyday until the rains came. The flour and oil never ran out. She became a believer in the God of Israel.





Sometimes it hard to remember that "the Lord shall provide," isn't it?
I remember several years ago I was always stressing about having enough money to cover everything. Stress. Stress. Stress. Worry. Worry. Worry. Then one day, while reading Matthew in my Bible, I came across verses 6:25-27:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to you life?"

Since that day, I turned my finances over to the Lord and I have never been unable to pay my bills and put food on the table. He is our Provider!

Gratitude
1. A Lord who provides
2. Art
3. Crafts

Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.

Blessings,
Deborah


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful presentation of this verse. Very informative. Love that you included the map in this one. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your comment made my day! Blessings. <3

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...