Sunday, September 24, 2017

Two Challenges, One Story

Welcome friends! Hope you are having a blessed Sunday.

I was doing my Proverbs 31 Challenge and was all caught up and thought to myself, "You really need to get caught up in the Deeper Still Challenge!" So I checked the lesson and, lo and behold, it was the same story!

Proverbs 31:23
Her husband is known in the gates
when he sits among the elders of the land.

When you think of this verse, who comes to mind? Sarai/Sarah? Yes. She is perfect for this verse.
This story is found in Genesis 18 and is about the time when three men/angels come to visit Abraham. One of them tells Abraham that this time next year Sarah will have a son. Sarah is listening and laughs, for she is an old woman beyond child bearing years. The man asks Sarah why she laughed and she denies having laughed. He tells her she did laugh and to believe all things are possible with God. Sarah had a son and they named him Isaac.

The Proverbs 31 Challenge, Lesson 14:



The Deeper Still Challenge , Lesson 6:


As usual, I verse mapped the story.
I used all my brown washi tape to make the tree. I love how it turned out. We were supposed to paint the tree, but that is not my cup of tea. :) 

Gratitude
1. A Lord who provides
2. My job
3. My marriage

Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.

Blessings,
Deborah




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...