Thursday, September 7, 2017

Proverbs 31 - Lesson 13

Welcome and Blessings!

Proverbs 31:22
She makes bed coverings for herself:
her clothing is fine linen and purple.

As I mentioned yesterday, today we will learn about Mary of Bethany. Mary was Martha and Lazarus' sister. We find her in Luke 10:38-42, John 11:1-44, Matt 26:6-10 and John 12:3 Today we focus on Matt 26:10 and John 12:3. They are the same story.
In this story, Mary takes a very expensive perfume, pours it on Jesus' feet and washes Jesus' feet with her hair. Some of the disciples are angry with the waste of money. "Jesus said to them,' Why do you trouble the woman? For she has done a beautiful thing to me.'"
It is believed by some that this act is symbolic of the oils used on his body when he dies.


The only thing I have added to Robin's beautiful graphics and backgrounds is my own never ending supply of washi tape. :) 

Here is the link once more to Robin Sampson's beautiful lessons on Proverbs 31 and women in the Bible. It will be available for one year.
https://biblejournallove.teachable.com/p/proverbs-31-bible-journal-class

Gratitude
1. RAIN!!!!
2. God's grace
3. Robin Sampson

Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers

May I pray for you? Please leave a comment below and I will add you to my prayer list. <3

Blessings,
Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...