Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Weight Loss Bible Study

Welcome!
Hope you enjoyed your holidays.

I've been thinking about goals for 2018 and the one I need to do most is what most people resolve to do in the new year...
lose weight.
How many times have we all made this resolution?
More than I can count.
Being diabetic, it is very important for me as well as people with many types of health issues.
So, I have the goal again to begin Jan. 1 and try to lose some weight.
I have found a new plan to follow on Barb Raveling's Blog called,
Weight Loss Bible Study. Here's the link:
https://barbraveling.com/2012/06/25/weight-loss-bible-study-day-one/

(Link below)**

Following Barb's plan, I have made my:
1 ."Renewing of the Mind Goal"
2. Set my boundaries
3. Stated the Truth

My "Renewing of the Mind Goal" is to think before I eat anything and plan my meals.

My "Boundaries" are:
1. Eat smaller portions
2. Eat more fish (not hard since I love the stuff)
3. No sugar for the first three weeks. (I will look at this boundary again at the end of the three weeks and will decide if I need to continue with this.)

My "Truth Statement" is I need to lose weight to be healthier.

Barb's plan is not a meal plan, (we all know how to lose weight) it is a spiritual plan set up to help us keep our goals through Bible study. There are scriptures to help us remember that God is on our side and he has a plan to prosper us. *

I will also be verse mapping some of the verses and probably adding art, because that is what I like to do. *smiles*

I will be posting about this for the first three weeks of my journey.

Barb also has a couple of books to go with the study.
I bought this one: **
https://www.amazon.com/Taste-Truth-Weight-Bible-Study/dp/0980224314/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467823884&sr=8-1&keywords=taste+for+truth

This one is also available:
https://www.amazon.com/Deserve-Donut-Other-Lies-That/dp/0980224306/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2RT4J4BTGC73HFR39TMP

She also has an app you can download for your phone that you can find on her website.

Okay! Who is with me?
Leave a comment below if you would like to join me.
See you Jan. 1, 2018!!

Gratitude
1. Our Savior
2. God's plan to prosper us
3. Biblical help with goals

*Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the plans I have for you,
declares the Lord...
plans to give you hope
and a future....
You will seek Me
and find Me
when you seek Me
and find Me
with all your heart.

Blessing,
Deborah



4 comments:

  1. I'm interested and have the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I found your comment. For some reason it had gone to spam along with the other comment. Grrr...
      See you on the first!
      Bessings!

      Delete
  2. I would like to join you! Barb Raveling has great books. The scriptures and spiritual emphasis are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I'm so glad you are joining us!
      See you on the 1st!
      Blessings!

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...