Thursday, March 22, 2018

My Other Mother

Welcome and Good Morning!

It's a rainy day here in my mountains. I love the rain.

Cold, rainy days make me want Cream of Wheat for breakfast and when I eat some, like today, it takes me right back to my childhood and my mom's Formica kitchen table. It was grey and white Formica with chrome legs and matching chairs. Cream of Wheat is comfort food to me. Warms the tummy and the soul and brings back lovely memories of sitting at that table with Mom. Yesterday, I talked about my birth Mother, Hazel. Today I'm talking about the Mother who adopted me, Beverly. I am blessed with two loving Mothers. 

Beverly was a sweet, hardworking lady. She loved in a big way, with all her heart and you knew it. I never doubted her love for me. She was only 5'2" tall; Irish, German and French. She loved to laugh. Mom passed away almost thirteen years ago and the missing her is still raw some days. What I wouldn't give for one day to sit with a cup of tea and visit with her. Love you, Mom. 

Always makes me sigh and smile when I think of her.



A quilt I made for one of my grandsons a few years ago.

Gratitude
1. My two mothers
2. Rain
3. Cream of Wheat :) 

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation,
by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God. 

Blessings,
Deborah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...