Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Speaking of Holy Week


Welcome!

I've been doing two wonderful studies this week and I just want to share them with you. I must admit that I didn't do anything for the rest of Lent, unheard of for me. So when Holy Week came, I thought I better do something, because Easter is almost here!!

I am getting so much out this study by Rev. Drew Downs. I belong to his Facebook page and when I saw this post on Palm Study it just inspired me to follow him this whole week. He is right when he says we usually just rush to Thursday after Palm Sunday, but what about Monday - Wednesday?  I'm sorry I didn't share this sooner, but it won't take long to catch up, or you can just start with today.
https://drewdowns.net/2018/03/25/arrive-palm-sunday/

The other study I am doing came to me in an email from YouVersion. Have you been to their website? Lots of wonderful free Bible studies to take there. I'm doing the one for Holy Week based on the book, "My Utmost for His Highest," by Oswald Chambers.  I've owned this book for several years and just started reading it with this study. Now I wonder why I waited so long to open this book. It is a devotional gem!

I decided to use one of my Traveler's Notebook inserts to keep all my notes in. Here is what I did to it today.


I covered it with some paper from a pack I picked up today at Walmart. The pack was so cute I couldn't pass it up. I'm going to use some of the cutouts for Bible journaling. Here are some of the pages you get in the pack.


The pack of papers.


Some of the die cuts. 


More die cuts. I love the rain boots and sun! 


Cute alphabet letters, too!! Aren't they all adorable. The papers you get are cute, too and I love the colors. (How many times can I say cute in this post?) lol


I also picked up this pink traveler's notebook. I have fondled this 5 different trips to Walmart and each time said, No." I couldn't think of a reason to buy it and I don't impulse buy anymore, even if it was only $8.84. Today I had a reason; this study. It feels like moleskin. I'm a sucker for moleskin. My Bible is moleskin. Need I say more? *smiles*

Gratitude
1. Moleskin
2. Studies that inspire
3. Rev. Drew Downs

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this,
that one lay down his life for his friends.

Blessings,
Deborah






2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to catching up on this study. I saw a couple of the post and find it very inspiring. I also love your papers kit you found at Walmart. I will have to look at them next time I go. Always looking for Journaling additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very inspiring lesson.
      Hope you can find them!
      I think they are so "cute!" lol
      Blessings. <3

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...