Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 2 - Eight thru Fourteen

     Even though it hasn't rained in two days, I could still smell  (8) the scent of rain on the morning breeze as I left. I needed to take (9) our car in for an oil change and tire rotation and it was a beautiful drive through (10) the valley and over (11) the mountain.  I used my time while waiting for my car to ponder today's thankful list. My head spins with ideas and is overflowing with so much gratefulness that I wonder...how does one choose only seven things when you begin this journey?  I look around (12) our house we own, I look out the kitchen window at (13) our yard with the vegetable garden, views and the pets, I look around the quiet neighborhood and think about (14) our neighbors who bless our lives in so many ways. I guess it is good to get the obvious ones written down so I can begin to see the not so obvious and small blessings He gives me. Please, Lord help me be more aware of the little things.  The small things that may go unnoticed in my busyness to get through my other lists today.
     May your life be rich with His blessings, Deborah

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was a cool way to do your list!

    You will be honing your writing skills too!

    Today, I'm thankful for home made bread rising on my countertop!

    ReplyDelete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...