Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 3 - Fifteen thru Twenty-two

     (15) "Your sister is coming today!" I shout to my husband as I dance around the livingroom like a child on Christmas morning.  I haven't seen her in months and even though we talk on (16) the phone almost daily, it is still not the same as in person. She called to say she was just over the hill and would be here in less than a half an hour.  My husband sees me staring out the window, looking down the road and asks if I plan to stay there until she gets here? I turn to him smiling, unaware that I was even doing it and say, "Maybe." Then finally she is here and all chaos explodes as dog cousins sniff dog cousins, jumping around barking as
(17) we hug and make our way inside. Once order is restored and we catch our breath, she shares a few (18) apples she stopped along the way to pick. The branch is still attached to one apple and I add it to my window with my garden (19) tomato and capture the moment. 


     The apple tree grows right along the highway, no human tends it and the apples are perfect. No worm holes, no blemishes, no diseases.  She cuts one open and slices it, handing us each a piece. It is good. 
     (20) Autumn is in the air again. Crisp mornings, warm days and cool nights. We are expecting a week of rain beginning Friday. The ground is so parched and needs it badly.  My soul does, too.  I will (21) harvest the last of the garden before it rains. There is not much left, but a few tomatoes and some herbs. The garden wasn't as productive this year as in years past. Some years are just like that. So am I actually. (22) Ecclesiastes 3, comes to mind. A time for everything.
     Wishing you blessings, Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...