Monday, March 12, 2018

Routines

Welcome and Good Morning!

I'm beginning a new/old routine for myself. I was inspired by two articles I read this morning.

One by Fr. Richard Peers called "The Solitary Life."
https://educationpriest.wordpress.com/2018/03/11/serious-christianity-the-solitary-life/

I was moved by the ideas in this article and how it can move me closer to God. Now, I can't live the Solitary Life being married and also living with my mother-in-law, but I can incorporate some of the routines, like solitary prayer and what and how they pray. I'm feeling drawn to this. It made me want do Morning Prayer from "The Book of Common Prayer," this morning and I feel refreshed by it.

Another article I came across, I found them both on Facebook this morning, is an article by Fr. Drew Downs called "Praying in the Dark," where he talks of Nicodemus.
https://drewdowns.net/2018/03/11/praying-dark/

This article also inspired me towards Morning Prayer and also toward Evening Prayer, as well. I used to practice Evening Prayer in my backyard one summer, sitting in my swing and looking towards the mountains. I found such peace in the nightly practice. Time to get back to it.

I don't have "my" church close by. I am an Episcopalian and the closest churches are an hour and a half away in each direction once I hit the major highway. I have tried a couple of churches in my area and wasn't inspired to return. So, I think this new routine of Morning and Evening Prayer, along with the internet studies I belong to, will do the trick of deepening my faith and my walk with the Lord. I will keep you posted on my progress.

I am starting to notice signs of Spring in my area. Although we  still need more snow on the mountains and rain, I look forward to this season of the renewing of the earth and myself. Maybe take some time for yourself today and look for the signs of Spring in your area. Share them with me in the comments below.


Drove by beautiful Mt. Shasta yesterday. Breathtaking....

Gratitude
1. Mountains
2. Routines
3. Peaceful feelings

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation,
by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.

Blessings,
Deborah




2 comments:

  1. Spring is coming here in Ohio slowly but surely. I can start to see the heads of my daffodil's gently popping up to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, the daffodils always let us know it is coming.
      Blessings.

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...