Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Revelation Study

I am doing a study on Revelation. I plan to do verse mapping and lots of reading on the subject. It has been a book I have wanted to study for years.
Time to conquer Revelation!!

I skipped to verses 1:4-5, since 1-3 were the Prologue. I do love verse three:
3) Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
Isn't that beautiful?

In verse four "the seven spirits before His throne" caught my eye, so I looked it up in four different commentaries.

Nelson's Bible Commentary says:
May refer to the angels of the seven churches. (Used this for my art. See picture below.)

The notation at the bottom of the page in my NIV Bible says:
That is, the sevenfold* Spirit.
*sevenfold = seven times as great.

Bible Gateway says:
A literal translation, perhaps referring to the perfect fullness of the ministry of the Holy Spirit.

biblestudytools.com says
These spirits also said to be the "seven eyes," which are the Seven Spirits of God sent out to all the earth. (Rev. 5:6)

Can anyone add to this for me?
Please leave a comment below.

I am excited to begin this journey!
I have challenged the "Verse Mapping, Bible" group on Facebook to join me. Please join the group and the challenge to follow along and post your own work.

My Faith Journal photos:


Graphics found on Google images and traced on vellum.




Amplified Bible (AMP) translation with footnotes printed from Bible Gateway.

Remember you can always click on the photo for a larger image.

Hope you join this challenge!

Gratitude
1. Angels
2. The Holy Spirit
3. Commentaries

Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.

If you have a prayer request please leave a comment below.
I would be honored to pray for you.

Blessings,
Deborah




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...