Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Lesson 2 - Proverbs 31 Challenge

Thanks for popping in! Welcome.

Lesson 2 of Proverbs 31 Challenge is verse eleven.

Proverbs 31:11 (NIV)
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

CJB
Her husband trusts her from his heart,
and she will prove a great asset to him.

Robin is bringing in women of the Bible who fit the theme of the verse.
Today we learned about Rahab and trust.


Once again I added some of my own washi tape (don't you love that green vine down the right hand page!) and verse mapped a little.
I looked up synonyms for trust and value.

Trust - confidence - belief - faith - reliance

Value - worth - usefulness - benefit - profit

How important is trust to you?
It is very important to me. Once trust is broken it is hard to get back. I have trust issues with a family member. They lied to me on several occasions and although I forgave them and still love them, I can't trust them anymore. There comes a point when you have to say - enough.

In Rabbinic literature Rahab marries Joshua and their descendants include the prophets Jeremiah, Hilikiah, Seraiah, Mahseiah and Baruch, and the prophetess Hulda.
They are also the parents of Boaz from the Book of Ruth. Boaz marries Ruth and their son is Obed, father of Jesse and grandfather of David.
I love the history stuff!

Gratitude
1. Biblical heroines (so inspiring)
2. Verse mapping
3. The ability to create

Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.

Blessings,
Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...