Thursday, August 3, 2017

Lesson 3- Proverbs 31

Good afternoon and welcome!

Today's verse is Proverbs 31:12 (NIV)
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

The woman we are focusing on for this verse is Esther, one of my personal favorites.
(Seems I have a lot of favorites when it comes to the Bible. *smiles*)



Esther was born Hadassah. Her story, The Book of Esther, is the basis for the celebration of Purim in the Jewish tradition. Purim commemorates the saving of the Jewish people from Haman, who was planning to kill all the Jews. Esther's determination to save her people was a very brave thing to do. My favorite verse from her story is:
Esther 4:14
...And who knows
but that you have come to your royal position
for such a time as this?

Have you ever felt you were at the right place at the right time?
Or that you had gone through something terrible that caused something good to happen?
Esther had, but her position saved her people.
We don't always know or understand God's plans, but if we remember to have faith and believe in Him we can overcome so many things.

Gratitude
1. Esther's inspirational story
2. Grace from God
3. My readers

Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.

May I pray for you?
Please leave a comment and I will add you to my prayer list.

Blessings,
Deborah






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...