Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Proverbs 31:20 Lesson 11

Welcome! I pray you are safe from fire or flood.
I have a wildfire close to my home. Please keep my community in your prayers.

Proverbs 31:20
She opens her hand to the poor
and reaches out her hands to the needy.

1 Samuel 25 tells us the story of Abigail, Nabal and David.
Abigail was the wife of Nabal. David and his men had been keeping watch over Nabal and his vast flock and when David sent messengers to Nabal asking for food. Nabal refused. This angered David and he was coming with some of his men, 400 of them to be exact, to kill Nabal and all he owned. Abigail was told of this by a servant and acted quickly. She brought him and his men food and drink and talked him out of killing Nabal. David changed his mind, because of what Abigail had done. A short time later Nabal died and David married Abigail. They had a son and named him Daniel. He is the Daniel from the Book of Daniel in the Bible. Abigail certainly is a Proverbs 31 wife and fits this verse very well.


I love the graphics Robin provided in this lesson, especially the animals. 

Gratitude
1. Large tanker planes fighting fires
2. Cal Fire
3. Helicopters

Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...