Thursday, August 10, 2017

Proverbs 31 Challenge - Lesson 7

Welcome! It is so nice that you stopped by.

Proverbs 31:16
She considers a field and buys it:
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.

Lesson 8 will be the second part to this lesson of Naomi & Ruth. We are taking a break and letting our teacher, Robin heal from an illness. We will be slowing down the lessons, probably only two per week, as most of us fall behind for one reason or another.

Naomi and Ruth's story is one of loyalty, determination and dedication.
My favorite verse is:
Ruth 1:16
"Where you go I will go
and where you stay I will stay.
Your people will be my people
and your God will be my God."

Ruth says this to her mother-in-law, Naomi when Naomi decides to go back to Bethlehem after her husband and two sons have died. The famine is over and she wishes to return to her homeland. Naomi tells her two widowed daughters-in-law that they should return to their families. Orpah returns home, but Ruth says the above verse to her mother-in-law.
To give up everything she has ever known, her family, city and religion, to follow and stay with Naomi is a very brave and loyal thing to do.
I wonder how many of us would have done the same?
Not sure I would have been able to do that.



I only did a little verse mapping today. After the art work I wanted to add it didn't leave me much room, but I managed to find some history on Bethlehem and Moab.
One fact is that they are 136 miles apart, so Naomi and Ruth traveled quite a distance to get home. 
The picture of Naomi, Ruth and Orpah was painted by William Blake. 

Gratitude
1. Friendships
2. BFF
3. Rain

Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...