Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Grief is Hard

Welcome. I hope you are having a blessed day.

"Grief is hard," is an understatement.
It is effecting me in many ways, especially in the writing department.
I told myself today that I need to stop staring at blank notebooks and blank screens and write something.
Anything.
So, here I am.
My mother died.
My favorite high school teacher died.
A young man, who was a preschool student of mine 13 or so years ago died a year ago. I found that out, too when I went home for my mother's funeral.
Now back home, I found out last week that my best friend's wife has cancer.
Write?
Really?
You want me to write poetry or a short story?
Now?
No.
I can't.
It's not in here inside this numb brain so filled with grief I can hardly breathe.
I love to read.
Can't focus on the page.
Craft?
Pfft.
Cry?
I can do that.
Stare off into space?
I can do that.
Go through the daily motion of getting dressed, fixing meals, talking when spoken to?
Yes, I can do those things.
Pray?
Yes, if I ask God for help with my prayers.
Write?
Well, I guess I just did.
Just don't ask me to be creative about it.


A picture I took while home.

Gratitude
1. Oceans
2. Flowers
3. Birds

Hebrews 13:5
I will in no way leave you,
neither will I in any way
forsake you.



Blessings,
Deborah

2 comments:

  1. You are in my prayers Deborah. Much love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara.
      You are in mine as well.
      Blessings. <3

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...