Thursday, May 10, 2018

P.S. My Cat Died, Too.

Welcome and Blessings.

Somehow, when I was talking about all the deaths I have experience lately I forgot to say my cat died the same week that my mother did.
How could have I forgotten to mention that?!!
My dear, sweet Maverick.


Such a silly cat. Afraid of his own shadow. Friends had rare sightings of him, if any at all. I had to show most people his picture to prove we really did have a cat. Sometimes he would even act afraid of us, especially if we had a hat or a hood on. Even if we spoke to him to prove it was us, he would go into his low rider mode and run under the bed. So silly.

I miss him dearly.

I thought I wouldn't want any more animals when he was gone. Five years ago we had 3 dogs and 3 cats and now we have none. Too many losses in such a short time. That's what happens when you get them all close to the same age. We lost our last two dogs last year. One in January and one in November. Tears another little hole in my soul when each one passes. Anyway, after the last dog passed I thought, "NO MORE ANIMALS!" I can't take this loss. But now that Maverick is gone I'm not so sure. On the morning my husband told me he had passed in the night my first thought, after sobbing over the loss, was, "Oh my! I don't have a cat anymore." I'm not so sure I can live without a cat in my life. I'm not rushing out to get one. I want time to grieve Mav's loss, but I'm pretty sure there will be another cat someday. 

My life just isn't complete without that purring in my ear. 

Gratitude
1. Tootsie (dog)
2. Leena (dog)
3. Molly (dog)
4 . Lili (cat)
5. Sassy (cat)
6. Maverick (cat)

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation,
by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.

Blessings,
Deborah



2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for all your fur babies that you have lost. They become just like our children and are treated as such. I am betting Maverick would want for you to do a rescue and save another cat from possible having to put down because of not having a home. All of our animals that we have had were adoptions or they adopted us. Love and Hugs. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara for your sweet words. I'm sure someday I will take in another cat. I miss the purring. Love you.
      Blessings. <3

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...