Monday, May 28, 2018

More Thoughts on Grief

Welcome and blessings.

I've been absent lately.
And absent minded.
I'm having trouble focusing for long.
I'm still crying at any given moment.
Hiding in my room so no one knows.
Trying to smile and be social when all I really want to be is alone.

I have a jury summons this week. I'm one of the few people who actually don't mind serving. I find it all very interesting, but I don't think I would be very good at it right now. The focusing and tracking thing could be a problem. I may ask to be excused. I feel bad about that, but hey, my mom died. And two other people I loved and my beloved cat. Can I please be excused? Give me 6 months and I'll gladly come back and serve. Of course, what would really be nice is if I call the night before and it has been cancelled. That would be the best thing to happen. I'm praying for that outcome.

We've had company this past week It has been wonderful to have a full house to cook for. People to talk to and share stories with. It has been a nice diversion. That doesn't mean I haven't gone off and cried a couple of times, but they have been so understanding. They are leaving tomorrow and I will miss them. A lot. Safe travels home, dear family.

This week I promised myself to get back on track in the losing weight department. More on that subject later.

I would like to say thank you on this Memorial Day to all who have served, are now serving and especially to those soldiers who laid down their lives for my freedom. There really are no words to express my deep gratitude to all of you. God Bless you all.

(Photo found on Google images. No credit given to photographer.)





Gratitude
1. Soldiers and Veterans
2. Family and friends
3. Holidays

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...