Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Dieting and Other Stuff

Good morning from the bower on Church St.

I receive a Word of the Day in my email each morning. A while back "bower" was the word for that particular day. It means a ladies private apartment in a castle. I fell in love with the word and started including the above message at the end of all my emails. My house is far from likeness to any castle I know, but the old saying about your home being your castle just sits well with me, so I grabbed onto the word bower and hugged it tight. I have a love for words and keep a long list of my favorites.

In the dieting department, I was given an early birthday present from my SIL. A book called, "The Lord's Table," by Mike Cleveland. Oh, my. Just what I needed. It is filled with scripture and questions to guide you on your journey to substitute your cravings for food to the love of Jesus. It is filling me up spiritually and taking me to new places on this journey. Like I said, just what I needed. Something different and something focused on God. It's a win/win. Here is one nugget of goodness that filled my heart: "No food will satisfy my heart nor fill the emptiness in my soul. That is what Jesus Christ is for. He is "real meat" and the "bread of life" and I am to feed on Him." Now there is something to think about. I eat out of loneliness sometimes, but I can fill myself up with reading my Bible or other spiritual books instead of reaching for chocolate. I'm just skimming the surface here. The book goes much deeper than this. I highly recommend it if you're like me and have tried diet after diet with some success, but not the results you really want. I'm not getting any compensation for this review. Just wanted to share a good find.


Gratitude:
1. Help with dieting
2. Spiritual deepening
3. You, dear reader

Blessings,
Deborah

1Corinthians 10:31
Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do,
do all to the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...