Saturday, February 22, 2020

Fasting

Blessings from the bower on Church St.

Being diabetic, I'm not supposed to do a full day's fast. It is a suggestion in "The Lord's Table," to fast for 9 different days out of the 60. But, I can do a partial fast. So, every 3 days I am fasting from chocolate. Partial fasts are okay with God. Daniel did in the Book of Daniel eating only vegetables and water. It must have pleased the Lord as Daniel and his friends grew stronger than any others. I don't expect to gain any physical strength from abstaining from chocolate, but I do feel stronger spiritually. I'm putting my focus on the Lord for strength to get me through the cravings and it seems to be working. I usually give up chocolate and/or sweets for Lent and will probably do so again this year.

Speaking of Lent, I've been looking for things to do during Lent this year and have found a few things I may try. Here is one that has me really intrigued:

Hmmm. The server won't upload the picture. Interesting. Anyway, it is a "Photo a Day" challenge from Rethink Church that gives a topic each day. Sounds interesting and I think I'd like to take that challenge. And if you've been following my blog for any length of time, you know how I love a good challenge! I rarely can say no! lol

Here is the link to the challenge if you are interested in reading about it. You will be able to download the picture there.

https://www.umc.org/en/content/lent-photo-a-day-2020?fbclid=IwAR23uaLfIR_oziBpLYZnS_VyyyN6G01YXOWGhEjpZSJUo2pRTewRB-2IH8o

                                                       (click on photo for larger view.)


There's the picture! Had to do it another way.
Leave me a comment to let me know if you'd like to join me in this creative way to journey through Lent.

Gratitude:
1. New ways to make this journey
2. Beautiful, sunny February day
3. Time spent with God

Blessings,
Deborah

Psalm 34:8
O taste and see that the Lord is good;
How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!

2 comments:

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...