Monday, February 3, 2020

It's One of Those

Good morning and welcome to my little corner!

I read an article this morning by Ann Voskamp that gave me that little flick to the forehead and maybe even gobsmacked me at times. She is so darn good at that! It was one of those articles.

She talks about our thoughts and introduces a book written by Jennie Allen called "Get Out of Your Head," subtitled "Stop the spiral of toxic thoughts." Man, I have been there. I've worked very hard this past year to stop sinning through my toxic thoughts, so this article drew me right in.

https://annvoskamp.com/2020/01/you-have-a-choice/ 

One thing Ann didn't talk about, but maybe it is addressed in the book (which I have ordered) is that the thoughts are usually lies planted by you-know-who! At least I have realized that is true for me.

You can get the link for the book in Ann's article if it looks like something that might appeal to you. I'm not pushing the book. I haven't read it yet, but I loved the title. I'll let you know what I think.




This sweet cat, Dusty, is one of our 8 ferals we care for. They have all been spayed/neutered and live outside. Their choice not ours. We would gladly share our home with them, but they are too afraid to come in. Miss Dusty loves to grab one of the beds, drag it off the porch to the patio, turn it upside down and then lay in it. Yes, she is a strange cat indeed.
Here is her brother, Chen.  Gorgeous boy! He's weird, too. lol



Gratitude
1. Cats of all kinds
2. Dogs of all kinds
3. All animals we share this earth with

Enjoy your day!
Blessings,
Deborah

Psalm 73:25-26
...God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

2 comments:

  1. So the bed has to be upside down? Right? Bizarre! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Upside down. I'm convinced that's how they look at and think about everything. :)

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...