Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Gratitude is Everything

Grateful in the bower on Church St.

 There are teeny, tiny snowflakes falling outside my window. They are coming down in a frenzy; like they can't quite decide which way to fall. Snowflakes in March. It's a good thing and I'm grateful. California needs more snow and rain or we will be facing another draught. That would not be good.

"To stay strong in crisis, you have to exercise your gratitude muscle. Flex your gratitude muscle to fight off fear."  Ann Voskamp

Ann Voskamp's blog today was full of gratitude and very inspiring.
https://annvoskamp.com/2020/03/the-secret-muscle-you-need-to-crush-fear-seize-joy-be-strong-in-a-crisis/

The thing I like the most about her article is being thankful for the little things and taking pictures of those things.
Here's the three things I'm grateful for today:

The teapot elephant from my son and girlfriend. It makes me think of them every morning when I see it on my kitchen counter.

The daffodils in my yard. They are my favorite flower and always make me smile.

My Willow Tree angels. This is one of several I own. I'm sure you'll see more of them in days to come. 

We will get through this crisis with God's help. Be assured He is here in the midst of things. All around us and in us. 

Blessings,
Deborah

God, I long to dance again.
My desire is to move my feet in heaven's rhythm.
I have been stuck for so long in this valley;
Feeling lost and alone.
Would you grant me heaven's song today and the ears to hear?
So that my feet might move and I once again
Begin to dance along with Your love song for me.  Amen
(Sue Johnson)











1 comment:

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...