Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day from the bower on Church St.

The corned beef is in the crock pot as we speak.
Didn't seem to be a run on them, thank heaven.



Just a small 3lb roast for the three of us. Plenty of left overs for a sandwich or two or three. Even grabbed some hoagie rolls for the sammies tomorrow.

I must say, I was a little overwhelmed after shopping yesterday. We last shopped 5 days ago and although I was prepared for a lack of paper products, I wasn't quite prepared for how Walmart's shelves were so bare. We have a super store, not a humongous one, but a fairly good sized store and the flour, oatmeal and pasta were gutted, among other things. Seriously? I went to four stores to find flour. None. Now why that bothers me more than toilet paper I have no idea. I guess I can improvise if I run out of that, but when you're out of flour there is no substitute. The whole thing just came crashing down on me last night while I was preparing dinner. I was almost in tears. "This is insane," I thought to myself. The media has terrified us to this point. I'm not even thinking of the virus, I'm thinking of the people and how they are feeling! We should be cautious, but for heaven's sake, did you need to scare us this bad?!! I'm sorry, but I don't think so. Last year 38,000 people died in the US from influenza A and no one panicked like this. People die every year by the thousands from the flu. I know this one is a little different, but still. Again, we should be very careful, I'm not saying we shouldn't, I'm just thinking we didn't need to take it to this degree. My opinion. Sorry if I've offended you.

Just needed to share that. I'm feeling sad and afraid, but hopeful. Never let go of your hope. Like I said yesterday, God is here and He's got this.

Gratitude:
1. Family and friends who love me
2. His word for comfort
3. Corned beef, potatoes and cabbage

Be safe out there.
Blessings,
Deborah

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it will be given to you;
seek, and you will find;
knock, and it will be opened to you.


1 comment:

  1. Well, the 'law of unintended consequences' will kick in here soon, and we may see the upside of all this craziness. I've had some ideas of positive outcomes. We should talk!

    ReplyDelete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...