Monday, March 16, 2020

Hopeful

Hopeful at the bower on Church St.

Trying and scary times. And now we've added a virus.
No reported cases in my county yet. I'm so thankful for that and praying for others.
Those with stock in toilet paper must doing well financially. :)
We'll tell our future generations that 2020 was the year of the toilet paper crisis. I don't mean to make light of the situation, but it seems so silly how people react to any given situation. Terror makes us do funny things.
I'm turning to scripture for strength and hope. One that comes to mind is:

Psalm 34:19
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, 
But the Lord delivers him out of all of them. 

Here are more Psalms of thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving: 30; 32; 34; 40; 65;67;75;92;107;124;92;116;118

Paul tells us in Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Some situations are hard to be thankful for, but we can always thank God for being there with us. He never leaves us. Nothing, no thing, or person can separate us from the love of God. (Romans 8:31-39)

I'm continuing my Lenten studies, just not sharing them daily with you. Today's verse in the Lenten cards devo is Matthew 7:7-11. I also was given Matthew 7:7 to read in my "Jesus Calling," devo. Think God is trying to tell something?

Matthew 7:7-11 New International Version (NIV)


Ask, Seek, Knock

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
(copied from biblegateway.com)

The other Lenten study kit I haven't started yet is called "Bless His Name," by Beloved Society through Illustrated Faith. I meant to share this earlier and forgot, but it's not just for Lent. You can study the names of Jesus anytime. I love the tags!! The colors are just what I like. Here's a peek at the kit.



All kinds of great things to create with! My lighting isn't the greatest this morning, but I think you get the idea of what is included. If I have time later, I want to do a Bible journaling page. I haven't done one of those in over a year. Where has the time gone?

Gratitude:
1. A God who sticks to me like glue!
2. Crafts to keep me occupied in trying times and keep me focused on God.
3. Bible verses to comfort me.

I'm praying for you.
Blessings,
Deborah








2 comments:

  1. This really touched me as it included one of my go to verse of Matthew 7:7. I tend to turn to that first during times of trouble or a future that we are uncertain of.
    Relying on God and trusting him for what is to come. Knowing that I am in his arms and he holds my future in his hands, I find comforting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it touched you, Sara.
      We must hold tight to our Lord during trying times. He is our strength and our rock.
      Blessings.

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...