Thursday, March 23, 2017

Bible Journaling For Lent

Happy 3rd Day of Spring Everyone!!

I'm a slacker.
No big news there, eh?
I am so far behind in my Lenten study it is not funny.
Not at all.
I did the first lesson and stopped. Not for any one reason, but many and not because I don't like the study. I do. Very much.
Instead of going in order I decided to just start with this week's lesson #7. If you remember the study is on the Fruit of the Spirit. Today's lesson is kindness and the lesson focuses on:

Ephesians 4:32 (NIV)
Be kind and compassionate to one another,
forgiving each other just as in Christ
God forgave you.

It is so important to be kind to one another. We are all on the same journey and for some people the roads are bumpier than others. When I get a cranky person in the store I just love on them. I smile more, say a silent little prayer and try to be as helpful as I can. They usually leave smiling and treating me better than when they came in. My little trick and it seems to work.

When looking up "Fruit of the Spirit" art ideas, there is no consistency on which fruit stands for which attribute. Sometimes kindness is a pineapple, sometimes it is lemon and another it is a cherry. I chose to go with the lemon since I love them so much. I am snacking on lemon drop cookies as I type. How appropriate. (smiles)



This is my second entry in my new Bible journal. I decided not to do my own art this time and used magazine cut-outs instead. Works for me. Much less stressful. You've seen my art so you know what I'm talking about. (smiles)

Gratitude
1. Fruit
2. Cookies
3. Lemons

Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...