Tuesday, March 14, 2017

VM Revelation 1:12-13

I'm sorry it took me so long to update and continue my study of Revelation.
Life sometimes gets in the way of what you really want to be doing.

Revelation 1:12-13 (NIV)
I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands and among the lampstands was someone like a Son of Man, dressed in a robe reaching down to His feet and with a golden sash around His chest.

I focused on the lampstand for my study and learned a few new things about its meaning.

1. A lampstand is a menorah.

This may be quite clear to others, but in my many readings of Exodus 25:31-40 that describes the making of the lampstand ordered by God, it never occurred to me that it was a menorah.
DUH, Deborah.

2. The lampstand with seven lights also stands for the holy truths. (Zech 4:2,3)

3. The lamp denotes the Divine and the light, faith. (Rev. 22:5)

4. The seven golden lampstands represent the seven churches named in v. 11.

5. The signification of the lampstand is the Divine spiritual in heaven and in the church from the Lord.

Verse Mapping (VM) in my Faith Journal:


Nelson's Bible Commentary
1:13 One like the Son of Man is a reference to Daniel 7:13. Comparison of these two passages, along with Jesus' common use of the name Son of Man (Matt 20:28) for Himself, indicate that Christ is the subject of vv. 12-18. The robe and sash indicate the glorified Christ is dressed like a high priest. Christ was fully human and fully God.

Please share anything you can add to this study in the comments. I always like to learn as much as I can.

Gratitude
1. Learning new things
2. Verse mapping
3. Enlightenment

Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you,
remembering you in my prayers.

May I pray for you specifically today? Leave me a comment and I will do so.

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...