Friday, June 15, 2018

13/100 Days of Bible Promises

Welcome and Good Afternoon!

I'm sharing a technique I tried on this page of my devotional. The title today is, "Courage Instead of Fear." A line from Kristene Dimarco's song "It is Well," came to mind.

"And this mountain that's in front of me
will be thrown into the midst of the sea."

I first heard this song a few years back when I was going through a troubling time in my life. The message struck a chord within me that if we just ask the Lord to take a burden from us, He will answer that prayer. He will throw that mountain right down into the sea and lighten our heart. The problem may not be totally gone, but His strength and mercy will see us through and take the fear away that goes with the problem.


The technique I tried used craft daubers and ink stamp pads to make the mountains. I need a little more practice with this, but it didn't turn out too bad. I can see using this to fill in white spaces in future projects.

Here is the link to the song, "It is Well," if you would like to hear this inspirational song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uGXeJMB9Go

Gratitude:
1. Mountains
2. Music
3. Inspiration

Isaiah 41:10
Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be afraid,
For I am your God.
I will strengthen you;
I will help you;
I will hold on to you with
My righteous right hand.

Blessings,
Deborah

2 comments:

  1. I am just starting with this devotional and for once I can say that the way that it is wrote and has the key verses it makes it even easier for me grasp. I also find it very comforting to end it with a prayer. This has been such a blessing, I am hoping that I will be spiritually back to where I was before I hit this rut that I am in, and grow in my relationship with Christ each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you are finding comfort and blessings in it's pages. It is doing the same for me.
      Blessings. <3

      Delete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...