Monday, June 13, 2016

Fruit of the Spirit - Faith

Matthew 17:20 "Because you have so little faith. Truly, I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed you can say to this mountain, 'move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Let's see. My faith. Hmmm... Now where did I put that?

Do you ever have times when you rely on yourself and not your faith in God? When you're having a tough day, or you can't figure something out or think up a post for your blog? I rely on myself far too often. I forget, at times, to use my faith to get things done, to take a little quiet time to listen for that inner voice. I wanted to write here today, but I couldn't think of anything. I wracked my brain to come up with a topic. Something! Anything! It wasn't until I tripped over my faith in the "darkness" that I remembered Who to speak to about a topic. It is His blog after all and shouldn't He have some say about what I write here? Yeeeeeees. He always does when I ask Him and have faith that He will answer.

People have struggled with faith for centuries, so I don't feel too alone. Paul tells us in Acts 20:21, that we must repent and have faith in Jesus and in Romans 3:27-28, he says we are justified by faith. The great benefit of being justified by faith is God's grace. (Romans 5:1b)  *sigh* That is all I ever want is God's grace and mercy. All so easy to have, if I just have faith.

I wrote this piece in 15 minutes. My brain was working so fast my hand almost couldn't keep up. Faith. I must remember to always keep it front and center of my mind. To always rely on God and have faith He won't let me down.

In 1Corintians 13:2b Paul describes himself as "being nothing" if he has faith without charity.
Amen, Paul. Amen.

Romans 1:17c "...the just shall live by faith."

Gratitude (prompts from aholyexperience.com)
3 gifts smelled
1. Fresh baked bread
2. Roses
3. After the rain

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah


 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Let's see. My faith. Hmmm... Now where did I put that?

    Clever girl! :-)

    Let's help each other keep track of it shall we?

    ReplyDelete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...