Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Fruit of the Spirit - Love Part 2

Mark 2:30-31 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself."

Matthew 5:44 "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for them who persecute you."

A few years ago I awakened every night at 2:00a.m. for two weeks, because the Lord laid on my heart, "Love your neighbor." I would tell God that I did love my neighbor and that I knew "neighbor" didn't mean just those who lived on my block, but everyone. Then I would go back to sleep. The next night the same conversation would happen and the next night and the next until after two weeks of this I got up and sat on the couch and said, "Okay, Lord. What are you trying to tell me? Obviously there is more to this lesson you want me to learn." He answered, "Love your enemies." I couldn't think of anyone personally who was my enemy, so I asked, "Who?" He gave the name of a man who was in the news at the time. This man was the leader of another country, a murderer of his own people, corrupt and the list goes on. I told the Lord this was too big for me! How could I love someone like that??! The Lord said, "Pray for him and people like him." Epiphany! I could do that. I could pray that his heart was enlightened by the One true God and that he would change his evil ways. So I did. The man has since died and I pray he has now seen the light.

We still have people like him in this world today that we are commanded to pray for. Not all are leaders of countries, but they need our prayers regardless. Please pray for them. Pray that they are released by the evil one where they live in darkness and are possessed by it. Pray they come into the light of God. Pray in earnest.

1Timothy 1:5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

Gratitude (Prompts from aholyexperience.com)
3 Graces overheard
1. Let me help you
2. Can I give you a ride home?
3. Can I carry that for you?

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...