Thursday, June 23, 2016

Fruit of the Spirit - Self-control



Milky Way. Chocolate. Fun.

I have a hard enough time resisting chocolate on any given day, but when you put "fun" on the label it is almost impossible. Chocolate fun! Yea. Someone might ask me why I bought those little rectangles of "fun" and I would tell them that I heard them calling to me across the vast expanse of a Walmart Super Store! Calling. Really. I couldn't resist. I have very little self-control when it comes to chocolate.

I am on a diet. Geez, aren't most women? I need to lose about 20 more pounds. I've lost nine since the beginning of the year. It is coming off slowly, but it is coming off. II Peter 1:5-7 tells us that in the building blocks of Christian character, perseverance is added to self-control. Ahhh. I find I have much more self-control when I pray and ask for help. I pray, sometimes, before I go into the store and if I have faith, He will answer me.

You can substitute any other habit for the word chocolate; cigs, soda, alcohol, etc. If you ask you will receive help.  Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Ask. Receive. Persevere.



Did I ask?
No.
*sigh*


Hebrews 10:36
You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised.

Proverbs 25:28
Like a city whose walls are broken through
is a person who lacks self-control.

Gratitude (prompts from aholyexperience.com)
3 Gifts found around a table
1. Family
2. Friends
3. Strangers who become friends

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah



1 comment:

  1. Fun. Yep. That's a tough one to pass up in our stressed out world!

    ReplyDelete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...