Monday, June 20, 2016

Fruit of the Spirit - Love Part 3

Unconditional love.

Webster's defines unconditional as being "not limited in any way."

God's love is unconditional.
No limits.
Unlimited.
Eternal.

Is there anything that is able to separate a believer from the love of God?
No.
Not a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g. (Romans 8:37-39)

As children of God, we are to walk in the way of love. (Ephesians 5:1-2)

God = Love
Jesus = Love
Holy Spirit = Love

Unconditional love.
Eternal love.
God is good.

John 15:12
This is my command:
Love each other the same as I have loved you.

Prayer (from "365 Pocket Prayers")
O Lord Jesus,
If I get anything right in this life, help me get love right.
I want to love you and others with the unconditional love you model for me.
Too often I think of love as just a feeling. I know that is part of it, but according to Your Word, it's so much more than that. You show me that it is a commitment. (...) I am making a commitment to develop a relationship with you, the Creator of the universe. Thank you that you loved me first and daily pursue me with Your love.  Amen.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His One and only Son,
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Gratitude (prompts from aholyexperience.com)
3 gifts in your Dad
1. Unconditional love
2. Great sense of humor
3. Safety

My cup runneth over.
Blessings,
Deborah

Love - Part 1 http://sharing1000epiphanieswhilewaiting.blogspot.com/2016/05/fruit-of-spirit-love.html

Love - Part 2 http://sharing1000epiphanieswhilewaiting.blogspot.com/2016/06/fruit-of-spirit-part-ii.html







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...