Sunday, June 26, 2016

Modern Day Psalms

My sister-in-law played a song for me the other day that almost put me in a meditative state. I could feel it and went to a place of solitude and beauty with God. Psalms can do that to me, also. Their beauty is breathtaking. I was thinking of two songs this morning that remind me of God. One is "The Long and Winding Road" by the Beatles and the other is "Like a Bridge over Troubled Waters," by Simon & Garfunkle. Two very beautiful songs whose meaning could be about God.

The first one is the plea, "The Long and Winding Road."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIHEuYfDypg

The second is the answer, "Like a Bridge Over Troubled Water."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjNgn4r6SOA

Both made me cry while I listened.
Both speak of the journey to Him for me.

Genesis 24:48 ...and I bowed down and worshiped the Lord. I praised the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who leads me on the right road...

Gratitude
3 Gifts in water
1. Baptism
2. Hydration
3. Life

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah




2 comments:

  1. The Rabbis teach that music is a direct path to the heavens.... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...