After my shakedown in faith, (see July 7, & 26, posts), I still struggle with praying. I'm good with short prayers, like asking for a safe trip to my destination and home again, or praying for a friend/stranger in need of prayers for something. Where I am still having trouble is with the in-depth and meditative prayers.
Here are a few things I am trying to help me get back on track.
1. Use a book of prayers.
I have two, "The Book of Common Prayer" and "365 Pocket Prayers." Both are full of prayers for all occasions and topics. Any you may have will work.
2. Read the Psalms. This needs no explanation.
3. Ask Jesus to pray for you.
I simply say, "Lord I can't pray today. Please pray for me."
I feel He does.
4. Read a verse or book in the Bible and offer it up as a prayer to God.
5. Sing your favorite hymn or pop Christian song. Do it loudly.
6. Read other Christian Blogs on prayer.
There are many out there with lots of inspiration.
7. Count your blessings.
8. Go to a place like Bible Gateway, (link on my right sidebar), and do a search on pray or prayer.
I hope these will help you if you struggle, at times, like I do.
Rejoice always, pray continually,
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
3 gifts in prayer
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.