Friday, August 5, 2016

A Day in My Spiritual Life

I'm working on getting back on track with my prayer life. I needed tools, because it just wasn't happening on it's own. I began to gather some books from my library to help me with the journey.



Journals
The top and bottom books are my journals. The small purple one on top is My Marriage Journal where I keep prayers, memes, and quotes on marriage. There is some great stuff out there on the internet for this.
The bottom is a journal where I keep my favorite Bible verses.

Bible
The biggest is my Bible. I am currently doing an on-line Bible study and following a program to read the Bible in a year.

Devotions
The third book down is my Kindle where I have my devotional, "Jesus Calling," that I read daily.

Prayer
The second book down is a book on prayer called, "365 Pocket Prayers," that I have quoted in posts and that I am now reading to help me pray.

I'm glad I have these tools. They are helping me recover from my shakedown in faith, (see July posts), and helping me to pray again.

A prayer I use daily from "365 Pocket Prayers"
A prayer about Meditation

Lord,
Teach me the discipline of meditating on You and on Your Word. How can I be spiritually focused if I can't control my thoughts? And how can I ever hope to understand Your will for me if I don't listen to what You say? Help me to push my own thoughts and desires aside and allow Your Spirit to speak to me. Guide my heart and remind me of Your presence. May my thoughts always be fixed on You.
Amen.

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You,
all whose thoughts are fixed on You!

Gratitude
1. Tools to help me grow
2. Glorious rain today
3. Your Word

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah


2 comments:

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...