Thursday, August 11, 2016

Jesus' Surprise Parties

My mother loved giving surprise parties. If she was in charge of a party it was going to be a surprise. You could almost count on this. She would invite you to dinner on your birthday, but the surprise was in who would be there.

Imagine the surprise when the two Marys went to the tomb of Jesus and instead of finding Him they found the stone rolled away and an angel sitting on top of the stone!! (Matt 28:1-7)

Imagine the disciples surprise when they went to Galilee and saw the risen Christ standing there talking to them! (Matthew 28:16-20)

Imagine the surprise when some of the disciples fished all night and caught nothing, but in the morning the risen Jesus appeared and filled their nets!!  (John 21:1-6)

Imagine, once again, the disciples surprise at Pentecost when tongues of fire appeared and came to rest over each of them, filling them with the Holy Spirit!! (Acts 2:1-4)

John 21:25 "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

I can only imagine the joy these surprises created and they must of felt kind of like a surprise party.

A surprise party given by the risen Christ.

I can only imagine...


Joshua 24:15
 "...but as for me and my household,
we will serve the Lord." 

Gratitude
1. My mother's surprises
2. Jesus' surprises
3. Grace

Phil 1:4
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy.

Blessings,
Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blank Pages Can Be Intimidating

Greetings from the bower on Church St. Yes, blank pages can be intimidating sometimes. I sat looking at this one for quite some time thi...